Please use the following links to print and fill out our insurance coverage and patient health history forms.
MCMULLEN CHIROPRACTIC CENTER INSURANCE
Chiropractic care is covered under many insurance plans. Most of our patients that have health or accident insurance will fall under one of the plans discussed in this policy. We ask that you read and understand our policy as it applies to your particular situation.
PATIENTS WITHOUT INSURANCE
We request that 100% of the first visit be paid at the time of the visit. On other visits, payment may be made at the end of the week if you sign a credit guarantee form. We are happy to accept your check, Master Card or Visa.
GROUP OR INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE
When possible, we will call to verify benefits on your insurance. However, the benefits quoted to us by your insurance company are not a guarantee of payment. Payment will be due by you at the time of service for any non-covered services, deductibles or co-pays.
“ON THE JOB” INJURY (Worker’s Compensation)
If you are injured on the job, your care should be paid for under your employer’s Worker’s Compensation insurance. You will need to inform your employer of the accident and obtain the name and address of the carrier of their insurance and obtain an authorization to receive chiropractic care for your injury. If your employer does not provide us with this information, if a settlement has not been made within 3 months, or if you suspend or terminate care, any fees for services are your responsibility and are due immediately. If you are hurt at work, you cannot choose to use your medical insurance.
PERSONAL INJURY OR AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENTS
Please notify your auto insurance carrier immediately of your visit to our office. Notify our insurance department immediately if an attorney is representing you. Med-pay on your auto insurance is the first source of payment, the liability carrier of the other car is the second source, and sometimes benefits are also available through your health insurance. Although you are ultimately responsible for your bill, we will wait for settlement of your claim for up to three months after your care is completed if the proper credit guarantees have been implemented.
We do accept assignment from Medicare as we are a provider. The check is usually sent directly to our office in payment for the services that Medicare will cover. There coverage for chiropractic is ONLY manual manipulation of the spine. Therefore no examinations, x-rays, therapies, or nutritional products will be covered. Medicare pays 80% of the allowable fee once the deductible has been met. You are required to pay the deductible each year and the remaining 20% as well as any noncovered services. Medicare covers only active corrective treatment and not maintenance care. Our office completes and files the forms for Medicare at no charge to the patient.
MEDICARE SECONDARY INSURANCE
Please inform us of any secondary insurance you may have. We will also file forms for that coverage. Medicare will file directly for secondary benefits with AARP, United American, BC/BS, Bankers, and many others.
MANAGED CARE PLANS
PHCS/FREEDOM/FIRST HEALTH NETWORKS
We are preferred providers with many networks.
PPO Plans have a co-pay at time of service.
Major Medical has a deductible that is paid at time of service.
Insurance pays a percentage and the patient pays the balance.
We are providers for United Healthcare through the American Chiropractic Network. Most plans have either a 26 office visit maximum per year or a $1,000.00 maximum benefits per year. A co-pay ranging from $10.00 – $40.00 is due at time of service. We will call and verify benefits and will prepare any necessary notifications forms.
BLUE CROSS / BLUE SHIELD
We are providers for all plans including Blue Advantage HMO plan. PPO plans have a co-pay or have a deductible and percentage due at time of service. HMO plans have an initial co-pay and then most have 100% coverage. You will receive In-Network benefits for all BCBS plans.
MAJOR MEDICAL HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS
We are providers for most insurance plans and many others have out of network coverage guide-lines. Some companies for which we are providers include,
Aetna, PHCS, Multiplan, Carpenters, Central States, Coventry, First Health, Mailhandlers, MoKan, Operating Engineers, Principle, PHP, Unicare, Zenith, and HealthE.